Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's genetic

Kirk has a large box full of cars which are dirty and damaged. He also has a whole shelf full of cuddly toys which are in mint condition. Today is Bathurst so where do you think Kirk and Sean are ensconced?
Well, they're out of my hair for the day so I'm off to scrub, sand and paint the veranda posts in readiness for railings tomorrow...oooor maybe the garden needs a bit of attention first.

Later: When will I learn?! Small boys with paint brushes need to be watched very carefully. Luckily the dark, green, exterior paint scrubbed off the light, yellow, interior wall. Now we're off to the pub for dinner to celebrate Jordan's 16th birthday. I'm sooo glad not to be cooking tonight. Now let's see if I can get this paint off me.

Aside: You could tie yourself in some fantastic knots doing this sort of research. While browsing the Ig Nobel Awards I found the following award in 2000; Psychology - Presented to David Dunning of Cornell University and Justin Kreuger of the University of Illinois, for their modest report, "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments".   

Furthermore I am very impressed with the ladies this year who have invented a bra which converts to twin gas masks. I could use one of those when the highschool boys walk into class after sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me a bone - suggest a topic.