I moved the washing machine outside because the chipboard beneath it was beginning to rot. The washing basket is now stationed below the bathroom window and the clothes go directly out the window and usually into a basket below. There are a few advantages to this:
- No clothes on the bathroom floor AROUND the washing basket being trodden on.
- no heavy wet clothes baskets to lug down the stairs after washing
- clothes don't go mouldy inside the basket because they're in a fresh air environment (this happens very quickly in summer
- the outside hose fitting has a much higher flow rate so my time is also halved when filling the machine (remember I have twin tub and it needs to be manually filled)
- When it rains we get a free rinse!