Thursday, May 5, 2011

Old Mother Hubbard

Three weeks ago I started a pantry clean out. This is where I buy nothing but milk, fruit & veg until the cupboards are empty of food. Occasionally, depending on time, I buy bread.  Last week we spiked due to a BBQ but I still managed to keep the shopping to basics. This week the cupboard STILL contains:

Sweets: 1/4 c sprinkles, jelly crystals, lemon butter, and some very old jam
Cans: 1 each of beetroot & coconut milk
Cereals: 1/2 box each of cornflakes & wheatbix
Powdered: milk, formula, farax, yogurt mix, a little self raising flour & bread flour, tapioca, custard, Indian corn flour, and...something I can't identify...maybe some sort of wheat cereal?
Beverages: sugar, coffee, teas, milo.
Dried: fruit, nuts, azuki beans, mung beans, mushrooms, bull kelp, seaweed sheets, slipmouth fish & squid, corn
Stock: fish & veg, mizo
Spices: still too many
Pickles: cucumber, ginger
Sauces: soy, BBQ, tomato, mirin, chili, Tabasco, wasabi, okonomi
Baking: bicarb, gelatin, agar, royal icing, vinegar, Parisian essence, peppermint essence, almond essence, food colourings, honey, ready icing mix...
Dairy: cheese, butter, milk,
Meat: bacon, smoked venison, 1/2 kg BBQ steak

+ miscellaneous  fruit & veg

Still HEAPS of food, so I will really have to get creative this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me a bone - suggest a topic.