Monday, May 2, 2011

Correspondence

A friend, who is loaning me a series of books, asked me that today, "Has it stopped raining in Qld yet?"
I replied, "We have had 2 sunny days in a row - let's see if we can have a 3rd tomorrow.  We have become so accustomed to the rain we almost regard it as normal and blink like blind Gollum when the sun shines. Just when we think we might see a week of clear weather to let things dry and stop the mold growing we are rapidly disappointed. I swear I have lichen growing on my undies.
So in a word: NO.

Looking forward to the books - need something that doesn't have to be renewed every week. I really regret giving the library by email address because I get two "friendly reminders" every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me a bone - suggest a topic.