Saturday, November 14, 2009

Too little too late

A little rain arrived last night but it has left nothing more than a heavy dew. Sean fixed up the large irrigators on Thursday and I have been pumping as often as possible. It is too little too late but I really don't want to see the trees die. Grass will readily recover but replacing trees takes years. Nevertheless, I complain too loudly, my income is not dependent on farming. Some families here are trucking in a semiload of feed every day. The argument goes they should not overstock but this is an unexpectedly dry year and once the animals have lost condition there is no point in selling them. One can shoot them but what do you use to breed from once the rain does arrive?

On a bright note: Tiffany and Nigel marry today. My best wishes to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw me a bone - suggest a topic.